I Think We Have A Winner

I blog, therefore I amphoto by alamodestuff

Why hello there. Hey look, it’s Friday.

Hey look, I’m off today.

Right at this very minute (unless of course you’re reading this after 12 p.m. or on Saturday or Sunday), I’m headed to the doctor to discuss lab results for this EM. I’m really hoping he has some good news. As in, he figured out what’s causing the EM and happens to know an easy, quick way to fix it.

Expect updates next week. Pray for a good update or else fear a post like this:

All of my tests came back clean AGAIN and all I want is to be SEVERELY DEFICIENT in something, anything or to have contracted some DISEASE but no, I’m HEALTHY. STUPID HEALTHY.

(tears)

In other news, The Man and I have done so well with sticking to a meal plan this week. You’ll remember how we gave in to the pizza craving and ordered a pie last Thursday. Well, last night we gave in to the pizza craving and made our own.

A. We saved twenty bucks.

B. It was so easy.

C. It was so good.

D. Yeah, the good thing again.

We used Trader Joe’s dough and a jar of tomato puree instead of sauce since I generally hate every sauce I eat unless it’s at an Italian restaurant. (Seriously, don’t ask. Let’s leave it at this: I’m a picky eater.) Then we topped it with fresh mozzarella and finished it with basil. Oh my goodness … see C and D.

In other news, we have a winner of my Blogaversary Contest. This winner gets a batch of homemade cookies and some beauty products. It’s a pretty great package.

Random Number Generator says … #9

Heather C, you’re a winner! Send your address to tracey (at) notsuperhuman (dot) com and I’ll get baking.

Since the price of an entry was a question, I thought I’d answer Heather’s right now. I’ll get to the rest next week.

She asks, How do you find the time to blog everyday? Do you write several blogs over the weekend for during the week or do you really write one a day?

I’m not going to pretend I’m even slightly as busy as anyone with kids. I’ve been around my nieces and nephews and I know how crazy tiring it can be after even one day. (On a side note: Kids are forever in motion. Even when they’re resting. I therefore surmise that mothers are forever exhausted.)

I do, however, think I’m pretty busy. Because we only have one car and The Man works 30 minutes away—which is one to two hours away in D.C. time—we have to get up really early in the morning.

I usually get to work around 7:15—give or take a few red lights—so The Man can wade through the parking lot that is Northern Virginia. I work until The Man makes his way back through D.C. traffic, which can be anywhere from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m.

Then there’s the whole make dinner, do the dishes, make tomorrow’s lunch, get ready for bed thing. Usually there’s a couple hours in there for relaxing.

And that is when I do my blogging.

I think it would be brilliant to write a bunch on the weekend. Genius even. However, on the weekends I kind of go into a no-blog zone. I don’t read ’em. I don’t write ’em (aside for Monday’s). Unless there’s special circumstances, I don’t work on it.

I’m OK with that. I need “me” time.

Speaking of “me” time … I’m signing out.

If you own a blog, do you usually post on weekends? If so, does it every wear you out? Do you keep up with your blog list on weekends or do you take some away-from-the-computer time?

1 Amy B @ Second City Randomness { 10.15.10 at 9:56 am }

Goodluck with the doctor’s visit. Seriously hoping for some good news… :)

I had no idea when I picked up blogging that it would be so time consuming. I like it, don’t get me wrong, but yeah… lots of time!

I do post on the weekends, but don’t feel bad if I miss a day which happens from time to time. I also don’t get as much blog reading in (although I still do get in a few when I have some down time), but I’m like you and think of it as my “me time”. So I guess I selfishly post and expect others to read it, but don’t do the same. Oops…

2 FoodFitnessFreshair { 10.15.10 at 10:11 am }

Good luck at your appointment. I wish you the best news!

3 Estela @ Weekly Bite { 10.15.10 at 10:17 am }

Hope your doc appt goes well!

You’re so right about the kid thing! I had more time to blog when I had an office job. Being at home is much busier. I blog whenever I have a chance. Mainly at night though :)

4 Heather C { 10.15.10 at 10:22 am }

I won!!!! Had kind of a rough week with the old, falling apart body so this is a wonderful way to end the week on an upswing. So excited!!!! I will email you my address.

Good luck at the doctor and I hope they have a reason for the EM and that the reason has a fix.

5 Becca { 10.15.10 at 10:24 am }

I’m a two-post-a-week kind of girl. I don’t think I could bring myself to do any more without feeling like I’m clutching at things to write about!

Hope docs went well. x

6 Jamie @ Food in Real Life { 10.15.10 at 10:29 am }

Good luck with your appointment, I really hope you get some answers.

As for blogging, I’m a newer blogger so I’m still working out my schedule. I do blog over the weekends, but it’s only if I really have something to say. I also try and write the shell of my evening post ahead of time so that I’m not spending all of the evening on my computer. I’m in class at night so my husband and I only have a few hours together before bed.

7 Alina { 10.15.10 at 11:01 am }

a) I am with you on sauce. Most sauces are gr0ss. I am also weird like that.
b) Major props to you for finding the energy to do things like writing and cooking at the end of the day.
c) Fingers crossed for a vitamin deficiency!!

8 Jennifer @ http://jenfro-frostbites.blogspot.com { 10.15.10 at 3:37 pm }

..will be thinking of you and good luck on your doc exam/appointment. Make sure you have all your questions answered before leaving and don’t be afraid to ask and ask and ask again especially when things don’t make sense…

9 Debbie B. { 10.15.10 at 4:45 pm }

Good luck with the drs! I love TJ’s pizza dough – so cheap and so easy! I use it for calzones too! It depends when I’ve motivated to blog … sometimes it relaxes to me to blog on the weekends and then sometimes I don’t want to be anywhere near a computer!

10 Ameena { 10.15.10 at 5:14 pm }

If Maya wasn’t around talking my ear off I’d have way more time to blog. I take the weekends to catch up on other people’s blogs but I usually don’t post. My carpal tunnel thanks me for the little break.

I’m hoping your appointment goes well Tracey! Can’t wait to hear what the dr. says.

Have a great weekend!!

11 Ann { 10.15.10 at 7:06 pm }

Good luck with the appt. Tracey.
By the way, how many subscribers or views/day do you get now? A year later?

12 Nicole { 10.16.10 at 6:38 am }

I take a break on the weekends too… I tend to focus on reading blogs on Saturdays but don’t write anything new myself.

13 Thetreadmilldiaries { 10.16.10 at 7:12 am }

Good luck with the Dr results and nice work sticking to your meal plan.

14 Courtney (Pancakes & Postcards) { 10.16.10 at 10:17 am }

good for you with the weekend me-time! sometimes i feel bad for bloggers who post three times per day… we all need our ME time… unplugged!

15 Wei-Wei { 10.16.10 at 10:13 pm }

I haven’t been posting as often lately; I usually post after I make something, or when I’m feeling inspired/down. When I feel down, I use my blog as a bit of a place for expression… it doesn’t always come out the right way, though.

16 Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) { 10.16.10 at 11:41 pm }

“I’m not going to pretend I’m even slightly as busy as anyone with kids.”–

ok that’s good :) you cant grasp it til you live it. I had no idea. No one does. But yes, it takes the life you once knew and turns it 180! Good, but just turned 180!

Posting…i have no idea why or how i do it. That’s the honest answer :)