Drink Up

500 Days of Summersource

So we meet again.

I hope you guys had a great weekend and, if you celebrate it, a nice Easter yesterday. Mine wasn’t super eventful, though I did get to watch a movie I’ve been trying to see for six months.

It started when I tried to find 500 Days of Summer in the PlayStation video store. Strike 1. So I searched the Amazon.com movies on TiVo. Strike 2. Now it wouldn’t make sense for me to strike out in those places and hit a home run with Netflix’s Watch Instantly, but I tried anyway. Strike 3.

But wait, you say. What about iTunes? Right, well I searched iTunes on my computer without luck. And then I searched the iTunes store on our new Apple TV. No 500 Days of Summer.

At that point, I was super annoyed that the studios made it so hard to WATCH THEIR MOVIES. It seemed as if I had only four options:

1. Buy a copy. (I refused on principal.)
2. Steal a copy.*
3. Rent from Blockbuster (if I could find one still open).
4. Up my Netflix subscription to receive disks.

In the end, we changed our Netflix subscription. We had reverted to Watch Instantly because it’s the cheapest option. But we watch a lot of movies and many of those are the sucktastic ones they put on Watch Instantly, so we thought it was worth the splurge.

The good news: I loved the movie. If you haven’t seen it, I suggest spending six months trying to find it.

TazoVanillaApricotWhiteTea1
source

OK, and in case you haven’t tried it, I want to tell you about an awesome tea The Man found at the grocery store. It’s Tazo’s Vanilla Apricot white tea.

So I’ve only tried it as iced tea (because if I held tea in my hands they’d get hot enough to fry an egg**) but it’s light and refreshing. And while I’m all for dark tea, like Assam, but this is a nice change. Plus, there’s only a hint of vanilla. I hate when tea goes too heavy on the vanilla. It makes my brain hemorrhage. (Or, you know, ache.)

I’m sure it’d be good hot and would probably have a stronger taste.

Pick a side: tea or coffee? Tea drinkers, what’s your favorite kind?

*You know that wasn’t really an option, right?

**Anyone remember the movie Hot Shots! where Charlie Sheen fried an egg on the stomach of a girl with a fever?

1 Estela @ Weekly Bite { 04.25.11 at 7:45 am }

I love Zooey! Such a cute movie too :)

2 Alex @ IEatAsphalt { 04.25.11 at 8:44 am }

I love 500 days of summer and recently went through the same obstacle to find it. Its also not available on Verizon.
I was recently in Harry and David and found the most amazing Green with nectarine and ginger tea from the Republic of Tea. Not a strong ginger flavor but it is absolutely perfect for spring.

Ohh…that sounds good. I actually hate ginger in my drinks, but if the flavor of it is mild I bet I’d like it.

3 Carly { 04.25.11 at 10:11 am }

Tea and Coffee both ave a place, coffee is mandatory for Carly to function like a human being in the morning. Tea is good for warming me up at any other time of day.
I love the black licorice yogi tea, so good!

So coffee = brain fuel? ;)

4 Suzy { 04.25.11 at 10:32 am }

Really liked that movie! LOVE Joseph Gordon Levitt…seriously.
I had a blueberry chamomile one time and LOVED it..I need to find it again. But for me..you can NEVER have too much vanilla. :)

Blueberry chamomile? Yum!

Joseph Gordon Levitt? Love him.

5 Maren { 04.25.11 at 10:47 am }

Glad you enjoyed that movie. I didn’t get to enjoy it because my bf was b*tching the entire time haha! Definitely a tea girl, 100%. I’m loving that chai rooibos right now!!

I need to get that stuff! Plus more almond milk.

6 Heather C { 04.25.11 at 10:47 am }

I loved that movie. I am a tea AND coffee girl. I have my coffee in the morning and then tea during the day if I want something warm to drink. I am really loving a Tazo orange tea right now. It is really good cold or hot.

I’ve never had that but I’ll have to look for it. Thanks for the recommendation!

7 Kelly { 04.25.11 at 11:05 am }

Coffee…I can’t get into tea…i just don’t like it.

At least you’re caffeinated in the morning. :)

8 Ashley @ 365 things { 04.25.11 at 11:39 am }

I’m TRYING to drink more water since I’m in such a drier climate. I can NOT drink plain water, so I’m gonna give this a shot. It sounds delish!

I hope you like it!

One way I love water is with watermelon in it. Of course, you can’t do that until summer.

9 charlotte { 04.25.11 at 4:13 pm }

I liked 500 days of Summer! (Weirdly, it is now my husband’s FAVE movie. I know, I swear he really is a man.) Mostly I wanted Zooey’s adorb wardrobe and hair. Wait, what were we talking about? Oh, coffee and tea – I don’t drink either ’cause I’m LDS and it’s against my religion. People always ask me how I deal with that (well that and the no alcohol thing) but I gotta say it’s pretty easy not to miss what you’ve never had, lol!

That’s so true. It’s like cigarettes. If you don’t start, you don’t miss them.

Would it make you feel better about your husband if I told you The Man’s guilty pleasure (his words) is Sweet Home Alabama?

10 Clarissa { 04.25.11 at 5:42 pm }

I love 500 Days! I saw it in theater when it came out – so I was lucky to see it first thing! Also – the soundtrack is pretty epic, so I suggest downloading it. I found the band Temper Trap that way. FUN

Oh thanks! I’ll check it out.

11 Cynthia (It All Changes) { 04.25.11 at 8:23 pm }

500 days of summer was so interesting. I watched it while in bed with the flu and loved it.

I’m a tea girl. Currently I love blueberry chile for a little tea shop near us.

I wouldn’t have though to put those flavors together, but it sounds really cool.

12 Lu @ The Orange Spice Kitchen { 04.25.11 at 11:52 pm }

Ok, coming clean I like coffee. No, I love coffee. However, I’m contemplating cheating on it with a really good tea.

So tea is your mistress? Ha ha.

13 Ameena { 04.26.11 at 4:40 pm }

I love Assam…I just discovered it on my trip! I was drinking it every day and brought a giant box back too.

I loved “500 Days of Summer” but am I the only one who thinks that she was a little bit full of herself??

I had Assam for the first time years ago when I was in London. I guess it’s more common there because it’s NEVER on the menu at restaurants or cafes and coffee shops here.

Oh, and I thought she was so annoying. But I loved Tom and felt so bad for him that I really liked the movie.