Some Truths

headdesksource

1. I had a realization last night that it was, in fact, Tuesday instead of Wednesday.

2. I might have banged my head on my computer.

3. All that got me was bgjriw’z.

Charlieissocoollikesource

4. I find this guy insanely awesome. Also, I love his accent.

5. There’s a very real chance I may break my Everything-Free diet on Nicole’s cheesecake-stuffed strawberries. Have Mercy.

6. I’m majorly excited to see this. I also can’t wait for this or this.

7. I realize I just revealed my true geekiness to you. Please love me anyway.

jordan catalanosource

8. Last night, I really wanted to watch another episode of My So Called Life.

9. But I also wanted to get more than five hours of sleep.

10. Jordan Catalano’s lean won.*

11. In other news, anyone know a caffeine free way to stay awake?

Your turn: Spill some of your “truths” for the day.

*If you don’t know who Jordan Catalano is and you were born after 1987, please don’t tell me. I feel old enough already.

1 Amy B @ Second City Randomness { 05.04.11 at 8:00 am }

I wasn’t allowed to watch My So Called Life (and was always jealous that my friends always got to watch it for some reason or another). Life was so hard.

I never watched it when it ran on ABC. I think I was too young. But once it came to MTV I did. Also, if you have Netflix, the show’s on Watch Instantly.

2 Maren { 05.04.11 at 9:24 am }

instead of eating dinner, which I had just finished making, we went to happy hour instead. So much for me trying to eat better. What about B vitamins??

Ha ha ha. Sometimes you just need a drink.

3 Jill { 05.04.11 at 9:37 am }

If you had read one of my favorite books, you would be excited to see THIS: http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/dreamworks/thehelp/

I read The Help, so I DO want to see that.

4 Wei-Wei { 05.04.11 at 9:41 am }

OH MY GOD CHARLIE MCDONNELL
OH MY LORDY LORDY OMMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Wei-Wei Reply:

Sorry….

But he’s absolutely adorable. Favourite video: Cooking with Charlie. I’ve been saying “cookie with chaaaaarliiiiieeeee” in a high-pitched voice all week…

Ha ha ha ha.

Yes, Charlie is adorable in so many ways. I’ve wasted many hours watching his videos because he’s hilarious. And I LOVED Cooking with Charlie. Let the brownies cool…. bwahahaha.

5 Kelly { 05.04.11 at 9:47 am }

Hello Jordan Catalano!! Good morning to me!

6 Ché @ Knight at the Restaurant { 05.04.11 at 10:05 am }

Truth: I’ve read and reread the Harry Potter books approximately 7 or 8 times…once for almost every movie or book release. Needless to say, SUPERPSYCHED FOR DEATHLY HALLOWS 2!!!

And Jordan Catalano??? I loved him almost as much as Angela. That was such an amazing show.

That was the perfect teen show. I remember when Angela had a huge zit and I had one in the same spot. I got all deep and serious about it like she did. Ha ha.

7 Carly { 05.04.11 at 11:22 am }

I love Charlie AND MSCL (clearly what the cool kids are calling it).

Truths…
I opted for wine and a hockey game instead of my planned run last night.
I own every season of Full House on DVD (way worse then liking MSCL). Way worse.

Funny you should mention your Full House DVD collection. The “Have Mercy” in my post was a nod to Uncle Jesse. So, yeah, I respect that selection. ;)

8 Clarissa { 05.04.11 at 12:36 pm }

Haha I love this post! I remember My So Called Life. Thank god for the internet – I can find every show I used to watch online! Also, my sister gave me a boxed set of Nickolodeon’s Doug a few years ago. Love. It.

Caffeine free way to stay awake…with this new raw thing I’m learnign a lot about live foods and energy! So raw veggies and fruits help. Also…chlorophyll shots? Apparently taste nasty but make you feel awesome. Not sure if its a natural “upper” though.

Huh…I’ll have to check it out. Thanks!

Also, Doug was the best cartoon ever. And now The Beets’ song “Banging on a Trashcan, Strumin’ on a Streetlight” is in my head.

9 Heather C { 05.04.11 at 3:51 pm }

If it makes you feel any better, I was 14 in 1987.

I guess since I just got a speeding ticket, my truth for the day would be that I apparently drive to fast. Really, I blame the slow Colorado drivers who make me look super speedy. If I were in my hometown of Chicago my 12 over the limit would be de rigueur.

I feel your pain. In VA, people act like driving is the purpose of using a car and not, you know, getting somewhere. I’ll be happy if I ever get to hit 70 on these roads with the way these drivers are. But I’m from Mass. and we’re used to go way over the speed limit.

Did you know Texas highways have a speed limit of 80? Sounds like freedom. :)

10 Nicole, RD { 05.04.11 at 9:58 pm }

Truth: I just ate a cheesecake-stuffed strawberry! Well, actually, not true. But it’s about to be :)

Truth: I hate being a teacher today. My students are such losers this quarter. Not all of them, just most of them.

11 Miranda @ Living One Bite at a Time { 05.04.11 at 11:50 pm }

I was born after 1987 and I KNOW who Jordan Catalano is, ha ha!! I love My So Called Life. I even did a monologue from it and dressed up as the main character for a high school English project. I’m not that obsessed – it just worked. My dad bought the season for me for my fifteenth birthday… he’s super awesome :)

12 Lu @ A Mix of it All { 05.05.11 at 12:12 am }

I loved My So-Called Life. Loved it! It wasn’t around nearly long enough. Caffeine free way to stay away, I’ve heard that cinnamon and ginger tea can do the trick.

13 Lu @ A Mix of it All { 05.05.11 at 12:13 am }

Awake! Sorry. Nobody wants to stay away from tea…