This Week’s Menu

Gooooood Morning friends.

A while ago, I had been planning my meals out a week in advance because:

A. It prevented me from eating quesadillas for every meal. (Now I only eat them for every other meal.)

B. And it saved money.

I’ve fallen out of doing that for some reason other than laziness (I promise—I just can’t recall what it is). If I had thought far enough ahead—and, let’s face it, that totally didn’t happen this weekend—here’s what I’d want to eat this week:

Soft Pretzels

Joy the Baker’s soft seasoned pretzels
Crispy, chewy pretzels. I have no idea how I’d do it, but I would make these gluten-free and then devour them.

broccoli_pesto_quinoa

101 Cookbook’s Double Broccoli Quinoa Recipe
Quinoa, broccoli, almonds, avocado, Parmesan. Um, yes please.

Sweet Potato fries

Smitten Kitchen’s Sweet Potatoes with Pecans and Goat Cheese
Best topping for sweet potato fries ever.

Root veggie puree

New York Times’ Celery Root, Potato and Apple Purée
If I had a food processor, I’d have made this three nights ago.

Bran muffins

Gluten-Free Girl’s Gluten-Free Whole Grain Muffins
This will probably be my first foray into gluten-free baking.

summer-squash-salad

Elana’s Pantry’s Summer Squash Salad
I just happen to have zucchini and squash in my fridge. I think I know what’s for dinner tonight.

What’s on your menu this week?

1 Estela @ Weekly Bite { 01.24.11 at 8:13 am }

I have turkey chili and a homemade pizza planned. That’s as far as I’ve gotten :)

Oh how I could go for chili right now…

2 keila { 01.24.11 at 9:23 am }

Those sweet potatoes look amazing! Going to have to find a way to work those into the menu this week.

3 Amy @ Second City Randomness { 01.24.11 at 9:28 am }

I have big plans for some pasta dishes. Still trying to get through the 2 boxes I have- clearly not trying hard enough being as how I average *maybe* one or two pasta meals a week now…

Also, I’d like to get chili done this weekend. Yet another thing I’ve been *meaning* to do, but haven’t.

I eat pasta a lot, too. It’s just easy and fast. Oh, and cheap.

4 Heather C { 01.24.11 at 9:59 am }

That pretzel looks amazing! I was just working on my grocery list this morning and have butternut squash risotto, beef stew, and a chicken dish with couscous and zucchini and yellow squash in it. Now I just need to come up with 4 more days worth………..

Um, can I come over for dinner–especially on butternut squash risotto night?

5 Heather @ Side of Sneakers { 01.24.11 at 10:13 am }

I see nothing wrong with soft pretzels for dinner every night. :)

Not at all. Especially if they look like that one.

6 Maren { 01.24.11 at 10:18 am }

Wow that soft pretzel looks ridiculous. I want one now. I know for a fact I’m having left over enchiladas, left over santa fe casserole, and crock pot broccoli cheese soup. yummmm

7 Ashley @ 365 things { 01.24.11 at 11:48 am }

Oh those sweet potatoes, oh the squash, oh the pretzeeeeels…can I just stay with you this week?? I’ll clean your house and check your mail in return! ;)

I’m planning on making spinach manicotti, a chicken pot pie and some roasted potatoes sometime or another this week. There will be more, just not sure what yet…

Certainly. But I don’t get that much mail so you’ll be on bathroom cleaning duty. Hope that’s OK. :)

Ashley @ 365 things Reply:

Well in that case, let me think about it and get back to you…..lol

8 Nicole, RD { 01.24.11 at 12:19 pm }

That pretzel looks SOOOO good. I think I might look to make those for Super Bowl Sunday!

I made a red curry dish last night with red potatoes, sweet potatoes, onion, and peas. YUM. I also made chicken tikka masala. Tonight is leftovers, tomorrow is homemade Hawaiian pizza. Wednesday is leftovers, and Thursday is chicken enchiladas!!

Ooooh…I think I want enchiladas now this week. Ok, reading these comments is making me seriously hungry.

9 Susan (Oliepants) { 01.24.11 at 1:06 pm }

I just bought quinoa yesterday and I too looked up the exact quinoa recipe you posted! Can’t wait to try it out!

Ha ha! It must be good if we both found it and bookmarked. Let me know how it is!

10 Lu { 01.24.11 at 1:45 pm }

I’ve been a bad girl this week and didn’t make a menu. I slacked off and celebrated my birthday instead. ;) But, I’m sure I’m making shrimp patties at least once this week. That pretzel looks amazing, and I need to know how you like the GF muffins.

I think you have a good excuse. Happy (belated) birthday!!

11 Heather (Where's the Beach) { 01.24.11 at 3:43 pm }

I need to get back into menu planning. I started planning out dishes this week and realized I had so much produce that is going to have to be used up somehow b/c I just randomly bought things. So wasted money….sigh. Thanks for sharing those links to the recipes. The sweet potatoes sound incredible.

I do that too. I just get a ton of produce and figure I’ll find a way. Right. Tell that idea to the green beans slowly decaying in my fridge!

12 Katie @ peacebeme { 01.25.11 at 12:07 am }

Tonight I made black-eyed pea and sausage soup with spinach. I had never had black-eyed peas before but it was really good, and I KNOW it was healthy! :)

I’ve never had black-eyed peas either…good to know they’re tasty!