Signs of Addiction

I love Lost
photo by fabio hofnik

You know you’re an addict when…

… Friday and Saturday are just there to get you to Sunday.

… You hear about a four-hour season finale and don’t roll your eyes.

… You hear about a four-hour season finale and say, “That’s it?”

… You talk about Sun, Jin, Charlie, and Sayid like they’re family. RIP.

Kate from Lost
photo from izqrdo

… Your Lost finale party is like the Super Bowl. Times two.

… You start calling everyone brotha.

… You consider playing 4 8 15 16 23 42 in the lottery just ’cause.

… You start getting ready for the Lost finale at 5. The show starts at 7.

… You contemplate making “Don’t tell me what I can’t do” your new motto.

Lost Cast
photo from etna’s chamber
Disregard those turquoise dolls. I do the best I can with photos; we’ll deal with some doctoring.

… Your husband met someone who went to school with Hurley. And you think that’s really cool.

… You finish the finale and want to watch the series all over again.

… You consider taking Monday off because a) Lost goes till 11:30 and b) you’ll be in mourning.

… You cried.

To all my readers who aren’t Lost fans: Sorry for this. And would you rent the series already?

To all my readers who love Lost: Mourn the end with me in the comments.

1 Nicole { 05.24.10 at 7:19 am }

I can’t believe it’s over… Soooo sad.

2 Estela @ Weekly Bite { 05.24.10 at 7:56 am }

I really wish I was into Lost. I don’t know why… I just never got into the show. Maybe I’ll rent the series :)

3 FoodFitnessFreshair { 05.24.10 at 7:57 am }

Soooo good. One of the only series I’ve ever finished from start to finish. I actually just started last year and watched tons and tons of online episodes to catch up. Kate is such a babe!

4 theemptynutjar { 05.24.10 at 8:18 am }

I’ve never been into Lost…but have heard good things…I figure someday in the future I might be able to get DVDs off someone or maybe watch the re-runs on whatever station.

Did you enjoy it? There seemed to be fear that it would not meet expectations, so I am wondering what the fans think.

I watched The Apprentice finale.

Empty Nut Jar– Yes, I enjoyed it. It left some questions open like I expected, but I think it did the show justice.

5 Kelly @ Healthy Living With Kelly { 05.24.10 at 8:28 am }

Oh don’t hate me but I never saw one episode of Lost!

6 Wei-Wei { 05.24.10 at 8:33 am }

I’m thinking I need to start watching Lost.

Stat.

7 Arm Bar { 05.24.10 at 10:59 am }

Hey great post ! Very witty.

“… You talk about Sun, Jin, Charlie, and Sayid like they’re family. RIP.” This is a bit of a spoiler and I am happy I have seen every episode up to know.. did not need that bit of information though..

I even scrolled past all the comments in case someone posts a spoiler. In the UK it was aired at the same time as the US at 5am so I recorded it.. watching it at home later on (iA)

Khaleel
Arm-Bar

Arm Bar–Yeah, a bit of a spoiler for anyone not familiar with the show. But all of that happened in episodes way before the finale.

8 Ameena { 05.24.10 at 11:26 am }

Please don’t hate me but I have never seen Lost. I think I’m just not into dramas unless it is reality based. My sad little attention span can’t handle more than Tyra Banks and her crazy little models.

9 eatmovelove { 05.24.10 at 2:41 pm }

So it ended well?! I have to rent it – have to after you and HEAB talking about it haha!

10 Samantha @ Food Edu { 05.24.10 at 4:18 pm }

I watched the first season way back when and then stopped. Now that its over, I am planning on watching the entire DVD series. To be honest when I watched it I was so anxious for what was going to happen next–now I can get it all in one giant serving =)

11 Mary (A Merry Life) { 05.24.10 at 5:29 pm }

I LOVE Lost. I’m sad that it’s over but at the same time I’m glad. It will give me a lot more time to do other things. I was pretty happy with how it ended though.

12 Rabbit Runner { 05.24.10 at 5:38 pm }

oh my gosh SO many of these remind me of my mom. She even said if one of us drops dead to go tell our father since LOST is her favorite show.

Rabbit Runner–I love your mom for that.

13 Nicole, RD { 05.24.10 at 6:19 pm }

I am so behind on Lost (as in, this entire last season is on my DVR)…but with all the chatter, I cannot wait to watch!

14 Gracie @ Girl Meets Health { 05.24.10 at 6:53 pm }

I haven’t seen a single episode of lost…yet for some reason tried to watch the finale last night (that didn’t last long!). I hope you won’t be upset if I *don’t* rent the series :/ After hearing how disappointed everyone was with the finale, I feel like it wouldn’t be worth it! Not to mention I’m definitely not lacking in the addictions department, haha.

15 Fit Chick in the City { 05.24.10 at 7:51 pm }

Not renting and you can’t make me. =)

16 Diane Fit to the Finish { 05.24.10 at 9:27 pm }

I had to mourn with my husband because he has watched Lost since the beginning.

17 Katherine { 05.24.10 at 9:56 pm }

haha I’m one of the other non-lost watchers. I second what Fit Chick said up there!

18 Katie@peacebeme { 05.24.10 at 10:20 pm }

I LOVE LOST! I much prefer watching it all at once on DVD or online so that’s what I have done. I don’t know how I did this, but I waited for the 6th season to be over so I could watch them all consecutively. My boyfriend is deployed to Afghanistan right now and we used to always watch it together so it reminds me of him. So I will be crying because I miss him while I watch but I can’t wait to start season 6!

Katie–I really loved that story. I might be overly emotional from the finale, but it made me sentimental for you. I hope you and your boyfriend can watch it together when he gets home.

19 Arm-Bar { 05.27.10 at 10:01 am }

What did you think then?? Put a subscibe to comments plugin on here please:

Ta-da! Thanks for the tip. The plugin is up and running.

Oh, and I loved the ending. How about you?

Arm-Bar Reply:

Your welcome. Any chance of a link back now :P ?

The ending was really confusing. Because I found the ending so confusing I found it dissappointing. I was speaking to my cousin about it and he said it was about time dimensions and that actually were in a different zone. He said that he thinks they were on the Island as an experience; they were all going through Death and were in between and the Island was a place in between Death and the Life. Desmond knew this as he manage to get to both dimensions. The thing that I did not understand was the fact that the old woman from the mansion knew about it – was she also dead? I also heard they are not going to explain things for the less intelligent like me. I am really confused now and I don’t know what it is all about!!

20 I’ve Been Busy — i'm (not) superhuman { 10.13.10 at 8:15 am }

[...] out that, like my knees, my left foot hates me. And I may have gone completely overboard with my addiction to Lost. Don’t [...]

21 Ché @ Knight at the Restaurant { 02.04.11 at 1:45 pm }

I’m a little slow on the uptake because I recently discovered your blog and I’m reading through past articles.

I recently got into Lost because all 6 seasons are available for instant download on Netflix (SCORE!!!) – I’m about halfway through the third season. When I read a post that mentioned how much you love Lost, I immediately searched for any and all posts relating to Lost because I’M OBSESSED and I’m excited to see that someone shares my obsession.

Do they EVER answer all the mysteries they set up??

Yes!! Another LOST fan!! I loved that show so much. I get seriously sad every time I think of it being off the air.

But!!!! I will not tell you anything. I can’t ruin all of the surprises for you. I will say that during one season (I think it’s Season Three, actually) you could tell the writers were stalling until they had a set finale date. There’s some meandering and the introduction of my two least favorite characters ever. (Nope, won’t tell you that either!) But once they knew the year they would end, everything started to come together and I’ll tell you this: For me (and The Man) the finale was satisfying.

And now I will go watch Fringe because at the moment it’s the only show on TV that’s even half as smart as LOST was.

ps. Feel free to leave lost chat in your comments. I’m always up for a good spoiler-free discussion.