Not A Loser

AmazingGrass bar

First of all, welcome back to the workweek. I’m sure that you’re just as anxious to get back to work after the weekend as I am. Which is to say: Not. At. All. This weekend The Man and I visited our new niece, Samantha Lee, who is teensy and all sorts of cute. And, no, I didn’t break her, like I thought I would. But newborns really seem so fragile, don’t they?

Onward!

I’ve always been a loser. Not that kind of loser (though you could argue for that). I’ve always lost contests and drawing and really cool raffles where you get a free gift certificate to Denny’s. But then a week ago I became a winner.

Allow me to gloat for a minute.

I won a box full of awesome Amazing Grass products from Eat Move Love’s contest, and receive my winnings the other day. I haven’t tried them all, though I did consider taste testing each at once. I thought better of it when I realize I needed to make my stash last. Anyhow, I did try the chocolate protein bar, which was, as advertised, amazing.

I ripped open the chocolate protein bar and broke it in half. See how nice I am? I shared my winnings with The Man even though they were mine! All mine! My precious… Ahem. Anyhow…

Here’s how it all went down. In pretty pictures.

It was green inside.

Green protein bar

The Man and I reconsidered the taste test.

Tracey Reconsiders

After thinking long and hard, I realized I couldn’t let you all down.

Tracey Thinking

So I tasted it.

Tracey Trying Bar

It was good. Really good.

Tracey Eats Bar

I wrestled the man for his half. And I won.

Tracey Wins Bar

Victory twice in one week? I put on my Lucky Girl face.

Tracey = Lucky Girl

Have you ever tried Amazing Grass products? Did you like them? Do you wish I were doing a giveaway? Too bad. I’m not that cool.

1 Kelly @ Healthy Living With Kelly { 04.26.10 at 8:32 am }

Hey pretty one! I love the pictures! :) I sadly do not like the Amazing Grass products. I have tried the bars and the powder and both just make my stomach curl. They truly taste like dirt (um…grass) to me. haha..I got my husband to try them and he hated it too and he will eat anything! haha! Oh well…glad you won and glad you like them! Oh and I am a loser too when it comes to contests…but I am hoping that one day my luck will change and the lottery gods will smile down on me and pay me millions of dollars for buying a $1 ticket on a whim! :)

2 Tweets that mention Not A Loser — i'm (not) superhuman -- Topsy.com { 04.26.10 at 8:54 am }

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Tracey Neithercott. Tracey Neithercott said: Morning all! New post: Amazing Grass protein bar review. (And, um, silly photo story.) http://bit.ly/9pVu9r [...]

3 Holly { 04.26.10 at 8:57 am }

I’ve only tried the Amazing Grass packet stuff, in a smoothie. Not bad at all! I do want to try the bars, though. I have actually won a couple of contests in the past few months, but before that I had a LONG ass streak of losing. :-)

4 Amanda { 04.26.10 at 10:35 am }

Congrats on winning the amazing grass girl!! It is amazing!! I love to make smoothies with the chocolate super food! :)

5 FoodFitnessFreshair { 04.26.10 at 11:09 am }

I’ve always wanted to try Amazing Grass, but have yet to do so. Love the photos, at last the face behind the blog!

6 theemptynutjar { 04.26.10 at 11:24 am }

Congrats on the win.
I reviewed them once on my blog. I think their fine, but I don’t have money to buy “fancy stuff”…I splurge on food alright…but I don’t gravitate to these powders and stuff like tons of people do. Its costly or not sold around me, or I guess I just like food.
But if it were free or came my way, I’m sure its fine to have on occasion (just not ALL the time dependency – know what i mean?).
You are really pretty Tracy.

7 Nicole, RD { 04.26.10 at 12:31 pm }

Amazing Grass products are yummy but I was scurrrrd the first time. They are creepy looking!!!

I love the pictures, too cute! I love that your hubby is such a willing participant in your humorous blog :)

Nicole–I think willing is a strong word.

8 Ameena { 04.26.10 at 12:33 pm }

I have never had Amazing Grass products but I am going to take your word for it and give them a try now. I trust you, especially now that you are a winner. I too am a loser in more ways than one. So I am kind of in awe that you were able to turn things around. Hopefully I can do the same thing. :)

You are too cute Tracey…love your glasses. Now why can’t I pull off glasses? I just look nerdy. So I continue to torture my eyes with contact lenses.

Ameena–I’ll just say that I don’t like trying new things and I’m a super picky eater. That, and The Man hates health food, so to get his seal of approval is big.

About the glasses: I actually hate wearing them because I can’t see as well. But this allergy season is giving me no choice. My contacts are just killing me!

9 Johanna B { 04.26.10 at 12:38 pm }

I read your comment on Tina’s Life List post today. Macchu Picchu is on my list too. I have a friend who went there on her honeymoon and I’ve wanted to go ever since.

Johanna–If I ever get my knees fixed, I’m hiking it. It looks so amazing!!

10 Katie @ Health for the Whole Self { 04.26.10 at 12:55 pm }

I love Amazing Grass products, but I admit that the first time I tried one of those bars I was a bit frightened. The green color was a bit off-putting, but it ended up being delicious!

11 eatmovelove { 04.26.10 at 1:45 pm }

YAY!!! I don’t win either :( …although I did win Kelly’s cookbook before – which rocks :) .
Love this post – you are so beautiful girl!!
Thanks for the shout-out!

12 charlotte { 04.26.10 at 2:59 pm }

Hee! Your pics cracked me up. I haven’t tried any of their products but now I’m intrigued.

13 Fit Chick in the City { 04.26.10 at 4:38 pm }

That is a great win! I love those bars. I probably like the chocolate amazing meal or the chocolate peanut butter bars the best. Least fav thing, the price!

Fit Chick–Yeah, this post might have gone a bit differently had I seen the price. Don’t tell me. I don’t want it to ruin my win yet. ;)

14 Gracie @ Girl Meets Health { 04.26.10 at 4:58 pm }

Good to know! I’ve never tried Amazing Grass products, despite walking by them and pondering the thought every time I’m at the health food store. I know what you’re thinking…what kind of healthy living blogger is she?? haha. Based on your facial expressions, I’m thoroughly convinced that I should pick up a Green Superfood bar one of these days =)

Gracie–I would obviously never think that. Because I too am a healthy-living blogger who had never tried one.

15 Tami { 04.26.10 at 8:13 pm }

I am new to your blog. I found you through a comment you left on another blog.

I just bought some amazing grass products but have not tried them yet. Thanks for the review!

Tami–So glad you found my blog. I love new readers!

16 Andrea @ CanYouStayForDinner.com { 04.26.10 at 10:02 pm }

Ok so now you’re not only super witty, articulate, and intelligent…you’re beautiful. I’m going to compile a list of questions to ask you in order to properly try to bend myself into you. Will you be okay with a twin?

I’m glad you liked the bars! I’ve heard others rave about them, but I trust your opinion more, in a way. I suppose I just feel like you’re not the type to overly hype anything you didn’t think deserved it. Thanks!

Andrea–Eh, how about I get to be you? You’re gorgeous and have great hair, so I’m more than willing to make the swap. You should know: Should you bend into me, you get chronic knee pain. (So. Not. Worth. It.)

And, um, no to the overhyping. It’s a miracle I even tried the bar after seeing how green it was.

17 Diane Fit to the Finish { 04.26.10 at 10:38 pm }

I’ve never tried them but am very curious! Thanks so much for the great review!

18 Joanna Sutter (Fitness & Spice) { 04.27.10 at 6:52 am }

I don’t think I’ve tried their bars but they look tasty! I have tried Greens+ bars and they have a similar look. I like them because they don’t taste like a candy bar so I have a tendency to eat them slower and with a big glass of H20!