No Way

Can you believe that this:

Tracey Halloween

Is 28 today?

Me neither. I’m celebrating today (you know, by going to work all day and fun stuff like that) but I’ll be back (and older and wiser) tomorrow.

While I’m off partying like it’s 1982 over in cubicle 10, entertain yourselves:

These tips for going local on a budget are particularly useful since The Man and I are vowing to spend less.

Just in time for summer, a seriously simple guide to cutting a mango without wasting most of the flesh. Not that I do that or anything.

We’re back to not stretching, at least before workouts. I’m assuming a post-workout stretch is still a-OK. At least until the next study comes out.

Britney Spears has been turned into an airbrushed Barbie, and her “before” isn’t that bad. But that airbrushing was totally, 100 percent, absolutely, without a doubt necessary.

Disappointed you didn’t make the team, get the guy, win the bet, or whatever else it is that makes you curl up in the fetal position and suck on a chocolate bar? Here are seven surprisingly helpful tips for getting over it.

Which story do you find most interesting? And are you with me: The Briney Spears ad is unnecessarily photoshopped?

1 Estela @ Weekly Bite { 04.19.10 at 8:07 am }

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree about Britanny Spears… that photo needed some touching up ;)

Have a wonderful day !!

2 Joy Manning { 04.19.10 at 8:18 am }

Could that photo be any cuter? Happy birthday! I hope you have a wonderful day!

3 Kelly @ Healthy Living With Kelly { 04.19.10 at 8:21 am }

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! YAY!

Hum…Brittany is SO brave that she actually released those “before” photos to the media. Wow…someone give that girl a medal…PUH-LEASE!!! The before photo was totally fine!

4 Tweets that mention No Way — i'm (not) superhuman -- Topsy.com { 04.19.10 at 9:23 am }

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Tracey Neithercott. Tracey Neithercott said: Morning all! New post: Link love. http://bit.ly/dBnyFP [...]

5 eatmovelove { 04.19.10 at 9:25 am }

HAPPY B-DAY GIRL!!!! Eat cake and Just Be.
Ugh – I am so dissapointed about that Britney ad …she looks awesome in the before…sick of society.
And I think you should be expecting your prize from UPS tommorow ;)

EatMoveLove–Woo hoo. It’s like an Amazing Grass birthday present. What timing you have!

6 sian-girlgetstrong { 04.19.10 at 9:44 am }

Too cute…the picture that is ! Britney who??

Sian–I’d just like to point out that it was in fact Halloween. My parents didn’t dress me up like that regularly until I hit 14. (Kidding.)

7 Andrea @ CanYouStayForDinner.com { 04.19.10 at 10:43 am }

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR TRACEY!!!! Celebration in cubicle 10!!! I wish you were off and able to enjoy the day to the fullest in all of your favorite ways. You are such a gift to not only the blogworld, but also the internet. You consistently make me smile with your intelligent and unbelievably witty posts. I’m so happy to have gotten to know you. Please make sure to take some time today to enjoy yourself! Much love your way!

I hate that Brit Brit was photoshopped. She looked smokin hot as she was!

Andrea–You’re too nice for words. That made my morning. :)

8 FoodFitnessFreshair { 04.19.10 at 11:06 am }

Happy birthday!!

And agreed. All celebs are over photoshopped.

9 Dave { 04.19.10 at 11:46 am }

Since you asked…
Thanks for the link to the story on stretching, I was just talking this over with my wife yesterday! We also don’t stretch before exercise, weight training, or cardio. However, with all the new techniques coming out (I know of 3 different types of stretching now!) I wouldn’t be surprised if the recommendations change.

Dave–I don’t stretch beforehand either. But for me, post-workout stretching is completely necessary. I think you’re right–once researchers look into the different types of stretching, we may see new recommendations. Again.

10 charlotte { 04.19.10 at 2:58 pm }

Happy Birthday to you!! I hope you have a wonderful day and a banner year!

11 Fit Chick in the City { 04.19.10 at 3:10 pm }

Aw, Happy Birthday! Love the photo!!

12 Snowflakes and Sunshine { 04.19.10 at 4:44 pm }

Happy Birthday! And thanks for the handy links.

13 katie { 04.19.10 at 6:06 pm }

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the most amazing momma and wifey ever!

Katie–He he, that photo is of me, not my kid. Thankfully, I’m 28!

14 theemptynutjar { 04.19.10 at 8:06 pm }

Lots of birthday happiness to you. Eat a ton and enjoy it. And wake up and start the celebration all over again ;)

Empty Nut Jar–Yup, got the eating down. Time for cake!

15 Holly { 04.20.10 at 1:37 pm }

I just found your blog, and I absolutely love it! I have one bum knee, so I feel ya. Knees suck. Right?

On a HAPPY note – happy belated birthday!!

Holly–I’m glad you found my blog! That makes me happy. As does your belated birthday wish. Thanks!

Oh, and sorry you’re dealing with a bum knee. They really do know how to suck the fun out of things…

16 I’ve Been Busy — i'm (not) superhuman { 10.13.10 at 8:14 am }

[...] I turned 28 and my sister actually came to visit me in Virginia for the first time. Too bad the weather wasn’t nice, what with Hell freezing over and all of those pigs flying around. [...]